Teaching Studios (Computer Laboratories)
To facilitate specialized software teaching and computer-assisted teaching, the Computing Services Centre (CSC) provides 6 teaching studios with sizes ranging from 66 to 112 PCs in the Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building (LI), which are open to students and staff with a valid Smart Card and LAN username and password.
The teaching studios are equipped with high-quality projection and audio-visual facilities connected to the instructor's computer. The personal computers run on Microsoft Windows 10 system. All PCs in the teaching studios are networked in the form of student intranet with access to a list of software . If the required software is not on the list, instructors may request to have the software added via CSC Work Request. The teaching studios open at regular opening hours for eligible users. The CSC may extend the hours if there is a need. When there are no reservations, students are free to use the computers for their coursework.
- Location and Floor Plan
- IT News: Newly Renovated Teaching Studios to Enhance Students’ Learning
- Teaching Studio Booking System
- Workstation Reservation System
- Workstation configurations and seating plan
- Teaching Studio and Classroom Regulations
- Guidelines on Reserving CSC Teaching Studios
- Guidelines on Booking CSC Teaching Studios for Non-University Curriculum