Telephony Services (IP Phones)
CityU telephony services (aka IP Phone) utilises Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) that allows voice and video calls to be conducted over private IP network. VoIP allows not only voice, but also data and video to be transmitted over IT network cable or Wi-Fi network. Below listed some advantages of IP Phone:
- Corporate phone book is integrated into the IP Phone.
- IP Phone can be relocated to anywhere on the network without reconfiguration
- Telephone number is associated with the IP phone but not a specific location
- Line settings can be managed via a web-based configuration interface
- Cabling is shared with the data network
- IP Phone is available in wired, wireless, or soft phone (via Microsoft Teams) format.
User Guides & FAQs
- IP Phone Features
- Quick reference guides of different models of IP phone handsets and services
- Frequently Asked Quesions
Support & Contact
Departments may submit an online CSC Work Request to apply for phone and fax service. CityU staff are eligible to apply for a personal phone set and four research assistants are eligible to share an IP phone set.