CityU community members recognised on 2022 Honours List
Share this article
More than 20 members of the City University of Hong Kong (CityU) community have been named on the 2022 HKSAR Honours List for their contributions to Hong Kong and their dedicated public and community service.
Six of them have been awarded Gold Bauhinia Stars*:
- Dr Rex Auyeung Pak-kuen, Honorary Fellow and former Council and Court Member, for his distinguished public and community services, particularly his significant contributions in leading the Mass Transit Railway Corporation Limited to provide safe, efficient and reliable rail services;
- Mr Chan Ka-kui, alumnus, Honorary Fellow and former Council and Court Member, for his exemplary public and community services over the years, in particular his outstanding and strategic contributions to the construction industry;
- Mr Christopher Cheung Wah-fung, alumnus and current Court Member, for his significant contributions to promoting the development of the local securities sector, and actively promoting financial cooperation between Hong Kong and the mainland;
- The Honourable Christopher Hui Ching-yu, CityU former Council Member, for his dedicated and distinguished service to the Government and the Hong Kong community, particularly during his tenure as Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury;
- Mr Simon Peh Yun-lu, CityU alumnus, for his dedicated and distinguished service to the Government and the Hong Kong community for 43 years, in particular during his tenure as the Commissioner of the Independent Commission Against Corruption; and
- Dr Elizabeth Wang Ming-chun, Honorary Graduate and former Court Member, for her profound contributions to Hong Kong’s arts and cultural sector, particularly in the revival, promotion and preservation of Cantonese opera.
Meanwhile, three members of the CityU community have been awarded Silver Bauhinia Stars*:
- Dr Adrian Cheng Chi-kong, Member of the College International Advisory Board, College of Business, for his remarkable contributions to the development and promotion of the arts and sports in Hong Kong;
- The Honourable Horace Cheung Kwok-kwan, alumnus, for his meritorious public and community services. He has served the Executive Council of the Government since 2017; and
- Mr Albert Wong Kwai-huen, former Court Member, for his commendable public and community services, serving on the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance) for over 16 years.
Additionally, five CityU community members have been awarded Bronze Bauhinia Stars*:
- Dr Alan Chan Hoi-shou, Associate Professor of the Department of Advanced Design and Systems Engineering, for his dedicated service to the community;
- Mr Simon Ip Shing-hing, alumnus, for his meritorious public and community services, in particular his contributions to the development of Hong Kong’s higher education sector;
- Mr Sunny Lee Wai-kwong, Vice-President (Administration), for his notable contributions to promoting the development of innovation and technology in Hong Kong;
- Professor Lawrence Poon Wing-cheung, Senior Lecturer of the Division of Building Science and Technology, for his dedicated public service in various policy areas; and
- Mr Eric Tsai Yu-sing, alumnus, for his dedicated service to the Government and the Hong Kong community over the past 39 years.
Medals of Honour have been awarded to Professor Cheng Shuk Han, Chair Professor of Molecular Medicine and the Director of the Laboratory Safety and Risk Management; and alumni Dr Eric Lau Kin-wai, Miss Grace Lau Mo-sheung, Ms Joyce Ma Kwong-yu, Ms Jessica Man Sze-wing, Mr Ivan Tam Kwok-wing, and Mr Yeung Ming-tai.
Alumni Mr Keith Lam Siu-kuan received the Hong Kong Immigration Service Medal for Meritorious Service and Mr Yu Chung-leung received the Chief Executive’s Commendation for Community Service.
Ms Miranda Kwok Pui-fong, Council Member, and Dr Lee G Lam, alumnus and Court Member, have been appointed Justices of the Peace.
*in alphabetical order of surnames.