CityU confers six ardent supporters with Honorary Fellow titles
Share this article
· Professor Chan Kei-biu, MH, Chairman and Senior Managing Director and founder of Surface Mount Technology (Holdings) Ltd;
· Mr Chan Tai-ho, founder and former Chairman of Playmates Holdings Ltd and Director of Dragon Lake Development Ltd;
· Mr Andrew Fan Ka-fai, President of the Greater China region for Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.;
· Mr Peter Ho Ka-nam, Managing Director of Techworld Industries Ltd;
· Mr David Hui Yip-wing, Director and Group General Manager of Chinachem Group; and
· Mr Gabriel Yu Chi-ming, founder and Chairman of iTVentures Group of Companies and Italade Technology Holdings Ltd.
Dr Norman Leung Nai-pang, Mr Raymond Or Ching-fai and Professor Way Kuo, Pro-Chancellor, Deputy Chairman of the Council and President of the University respectively, officiated at the ceremony.
In his welcoming address, Mr Or thanked the honorary fellows for contributing to CityU’s success by providing continual support to the University, generously devoting their time and effort to establishing its reputation in the community, and through donations that support many activities.
Professor Chan Kei-biu addressed the assembly on behalf of the Honorary Fellows. He said CityU’s rapid progress was well documented, and went on to offer a few words of wisdom for the future: Change, Innovation and Diversity. He also complimented the University’s students and academic staff on their excellent performance. “It is your devotion, your hard work, your quest for knowledge and your pursuit of excellence that makes CityU so great. You have done an outstanding job and are the true heroes,’ he said.