The Run Run Shaw Library is committed to meeting the standard of personal
data privacy protection, in compliance with the requirements of the
conform to the University's Codes of Practice for Personal Data (Privacy) Issues.
Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS)
Purpose and manner of collection
- Personal data collected from you will be used for the purpose of:
- authenticating you as an eligible user for restricted library resources
- processing your requested services and materials.
- The Library will only collect the minimum personally identifiable
- The submission of personal data is voluntary. However, insufficient
personal data may prevent the Library from delivering the requested
services and materials.
Retention and use of data
- The Library will only keep the personal data of valid users. Expired
user records will be deleted periodically.
- Only authorized Library staff with assigned passwords may access
personal data for the purpose of performing library work.
- We will not disclose any personal data we collect from you to any
other party in a manner that would identify you except where required by
Access to personal data
- You have the right to request access to and correction of information
about yourself held by the University.
- If you wish to correct your personal details in the Library system,
please contact the appropriate office:
- Staff should contact Human Resources Office at 3442-9250.
- Student should contact Academic Regulations and Records Office at 3442-2300.
- Users who are not CityU staff and students should approach the Circulation Counter
of the Library or ring 3442-8316.
The Run Run Shaw Library website contains links to other independently run
websites within and outside the CityU network. The Library is
not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.