Library Facilities Available to Courtesy Identity Cardholders
Retired staff members of the University and their spouses who
possess the Courtesy Identity Card issued by the University may apply
for the Borrower's Ticket.
- Application for the ticket is to be made at the Circulation Counter
of the Library.
- A deposit of HK$500 is required for each Borrower's Ticket issued.
- Applicant will be requested to produce their Courtesy Identity Card to support
- The ticket will be available for pick-up at the Circulation Counter in 4 working
days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) after the Library formally
receives the application form and all the necessary documents over the Counter.
- The Borrower's Ticket will entitle the holder to borrow up to 10
circulating items for a period of 30 days at any one time and have remote
access to the following on-line reading facilities. As for the borrowing
privileges of other library materials, please refer to the Library Regulations
for details or check with the respective service counters.
- Users have to create
their own PIN for viewing circulation records or accessing the library workstations.
- Loan privileges, if granted, are based on the Library's discretion.
The Library reserves the right to alter any loan privileges, if
deemed necessary, without prior notification.
- Availability of e-resources is subject to changes consequent on
any modifications in the terms of the license agreements without prior
- The Library reserves the right, at our discretion, to update or
change via our website.
- The user must observe the Library Regulations.
- The Library reserves the right not to offer services to an individual
based on his/her past conduct in the Library. For details, please refer to Review Procedures for Applications of Library Services by Alumni and Non-CityU Members
How can I Remotely Access the Selected Library Electronic Resources?
- Click on the title of the desired resource.
- Enter the following to authenticate yourself:
- your name
- your Ticket No.
- your Library System PIN (create a new PIN for
this login if you have not done so)
- Any enquiries can be directed to 3442-8316 or email@example.com.
- For details of Courtesy Identity Card and the facilities available
to Courtesy Identity Card holders including long-serving retiring staff,
please refer to HRO's web page.