Access to Other UGC Libraries - JULAC Library Cards
Re-registration of JULAC Cards at UGC Libraries
With the launch of a new shared integrated library system among the eight UGC-fund university libraries, CityU users holding a valid JULAC Card need to re-register their card at the respective libraries.
Levels of Access
- No restrictions for staff members and postgraduate students.
- For undergraduate degree students:
- Registration will be valid until the end of the academic year, i.e. 31st July each year
- Students have to submit new applications on or after 1st August for the renewal of the JULAC Library Cards in the new academic year
- Free for staff and postgraduate students.
- Undergraduate degree students will be charged $50 by each host library for each registration and renewal.
- Loan periods and access to resources may differ from library to library.
- Some libraries impose "black-out" periods during times of high library use (for example, during final examination
periods) when JULAC card holder may not enter. Users are advised to consult
individual libraries' webpages for details of opening hours and black-out
- A JULAC Library Card is a privilege, not a right. JULAC has the right to terminate
any JULAC Library Card issued at any time.
- Please return the JULAC Library Card to the Circulation Counter of the Library on leaving CityU.
- Applications should be made ONLINE. During the application process, each student is required to authorize the Library to use his/her photo in AIMS to process the JULAC Library Card and each staff member is required to upload his/her recent photo (taken within the past six months) in JPEG format.
- The JULAC Library card will be available for collection at the Circulation Counter after 4 working days (Saturdays, Sundays and General Holidays are non-working days) upon successful application. Please be reminded to bring a copy of the confirmation notice with you when collecting your card. (It can be the printout of the confirmation notice that displayed on the screen after the online application process is completed or a copy of the confirmation notice that the users receive at their CityU email accounts.)
- The JULAC Library Card as well as the CityU ID Card must be presented during the registration and renewal with each of the seven university libraries.