Award-winning hi-tech research showcased at major regional fair
Share this article
Five research projects developed by faculty at City University of Hong Kong (CityU) have won Excellent Product Awards at the 15th China Hi-Tech Fair. In addition, CityU was awarded the Excellent Pavillion Award and the Excellent Organiser Award. In all, nineteen research projects from the University were exhibited.
The projects that won Excellent Product Awards were:
1. Low Cost Holographic Projector
2. Innovative Portable Air Sampler for Multiple PM2.5 and Bioaerosol Applications
3. Regional Zooming Virtual Keyboards
4. Flexible Sensor Arrays for the Detection of Toxic Gases
5. Cometabolism of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by the micro-organisms from mangrove sediments
CityU’s Knowledge Transfer Office and the CityU Shenzhen Research Institute collaborated on the exhibitions at the Fair, which was held from 16 to 21 November. The largest annual technology show on the mainland, the Fair attracted close to 3,000 exhibitors from more than 50 countries and regions this year.