This programme aims to equip students with the skills necessary to become IT professionals that are competent in evaluating and developing e-Commerce systems and services within a business context. In contrast to e-Commerce programmes offered elsewhere in Hong Kong, which tend to concentrate either on technology or business aspects, this programme takes a broad-based inter-disciplinary approach. Students will gain knowledge and skills in core business and technical related subjects, together with an in-depth understanding of the specific managerial, regulatory, and technical issues involved in the exploitation of e-Commerce. Students will also acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to analyze, plan, design, develop, and maintain e-Commerce systems.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should have attained skills and competencies in the following areas:
- understanding of the technologies underpinning the implementation of e-Commerce systems;
- ability to help evaluate and develop electronic commerce opportunities for business;
- competence in evaluating and using software and security methodologies and tools in support of electronic commerce operations;
- knowledge and skills to construct a variety of electronic commerce systems in support of service and business goals;
- skills in the use of software technology to support accounting, marketing and analysis of electronic commerce operations; and
- understanding of the legal environment surrounding e-Commerce, as well as changes in traditional marketing brought about by e-Commerce.