This programme aims to equip students with the skills necessary to become IT professionals that are competent in evaluating and developing e-Commerce systems and services within a business context. Students will gain knowledge and skills in core business and technical related subjects, together with an in-depth understanding of the specific managerial, regulatory, and technical issues involved in the exploitation of eCommerce. Students will also acquire the necessary knowledge and skill to analyze, plan, design, develop, and maintain eCommerce systems.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should have attained skills and competencies in the following areas:
- understanding of the technologies underpinning the implementation of e-Commerce systems;
- ability to help evaluate and develop electronic commerce opportunities for business;
- competence in evaluating and using software and security methodologies and tools in support of electronic commerce operations;
- knowledge and skills to construct a variety of electronic commerce systems in support of service and business goals;
- skills in the use of software technology to support accounting, marketing and analysis of electronic commerce operations; and
- understanding of the legal environment surrounding e-Commerce, as well as changes in traditional marketing brought about by e-Commerce.