Student Exchange (Inbound)


Global Engagement Office (GEO) provides a range of services and information to exchange students. Please follow the link to obtain admissions information and download forms.

Our department is within the College of Engineering (CENG). Additional information for exchange students can be found in their student corner.

If you are an applicant from a partner institute with an exchange agreement with our department, please send your application form to:

Student Exchange

Address: Room Y6700, 6/F, Yellow Zone, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building,
City University of Hong Kong,
83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR
View on Google Maps

Application Deadline

May for Semester A enrolment (September Entry)
October for Semester B enrolment (January Entry)

Courses (Please refer to the Undergraduate Catalogue for the course syllabuses.)

Inbound Exchange Student

Course Code Course Title Credit Offer in Semester
BME2029 Electrical and Electronic Principles 3 A
BME2036 Engineering Computing 3 A
BME2102 Introduction to Biomechanics 3 B
BME2103 Medical Biotechnology in Imaging and Measurement 3 B
BME2104 Tissue Engineering 3 A
BME2105 Introduction to Biomedical Engineering 3 A
BME3101 Micro and Nanotechnology for Biomedical Engineering 3 A
BME3103 Bio-sensors and Bio-devices 3 B
BME3122 Fundamental Gene Therapy 3 B
GE1320 Engineering Your Health 3 A
GE1344 Nutrition and Wellness 3 B

Other courses offered by the university:

Points to note:

  • Course offering information is subject to change.
  • Course registration is subject to the approval of the course offering department.
  • Registration for physical eduation courses offerd by the Student Development Services must be done by the student and is done after the student has been granted online access to the course registration system.

Notes to applicants

(I) Course Selection

  • Each course has been assigned a "level" to indicate the degree of academic difficulty associated with the course. Levels B2, B3 and B4 are undergraduate courses while P5 and P6 are postgraduate courses.
  • Exchange students hosted by the BME department are required to select at least half of their courses offered by the respective department.
  • At CityU, an exchange student must be a full-time student. The minimum and maximum study loads for a full-time student are respectively 12 and 18 credits in a semester.

(II) Assessment

  • Exchange students should observe important dates published on the University's academic calendar within their study period. Requests for special assessment arrangement / schedule are normally not considered. Please refer to the University's Academic Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees for more information.
  • The examination period is in the last two weeks. Examinations must be attended and cannot be re-scheduled for personal reasons. If you need to plan ahead for the return flight to your hometown, you are strongly advised to schedule your departure at least one day after the last examination to avoid any possible time clash.

(III) ON-line Application for Student Residence (Exchange students - undergraduates)

  • Applications for the Student Residence for new students should be made to the Student Residence Office before the application deadlines.
  • Late applications will NOT be considered unless vacancy is available.
  • Due to limited capacity, there is no guarantee that accommodation in the Student Residence can be provided to all applicants.
  • Online application
  • Enquiry: (Email)

(IV) Off-campus Accommodation

  • Students who are not offered a place of on-campus student residence or prefer living away from campus, they are strongly advised to arrive Hong Kong at least two or three weeks before the semester begins in order to seek off-campus accommodation.
  • Details about off-campus accommodation are available at the SRO website.
  • Enquiry: (Email)

*Please take note of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Notice if you are an inbound exchange student from the European Union (EU) or United Kingdom (UK) partner universities.


Student Exchange Coordinator

Coordinator: Dr. Pakpong Chirarattananon

Last modified on 7 December, 2020