Job Opportunities (COCHE)
A. Administrative Assistant
Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering (“COCHE”) is a newly established R&D centre funded by the Innovation and Technology Commission. COCHE aims to build unique environment to conduct world-class research and foster interdisciplinary collaborations as well as to educate and train future generations of leading scientists and engineers in the fields biomedical and health engineering with applications to the prediction, prevention, diagnosis, monitoring and treatments of cerebro-cardiovascular diseases. We are under rapid expansion and looking for energetic and self-motivated candidate with biomedical engineering background to join us as Administrative Assistant. You are expected to provide a full range of administrative supports to the Centre to ensure efficient daily operation. This is an excellent opportunity as you will gain international exposure and work closely with leading experts from the academia and medical device industry.
- Provide full spectrum of administrative support to the Centre and project teams
- Responsible for inventory record, procurement of research equipment including purchasing, sourcing, tendering and keep track of payment status
- Ensure all laboratory equipment are in good condition and sufficient quantity
- Calendar management such as meeting scheduling, booking for conference rooms, director’s room and equipment
- Filing, processing of expense claims, time sheet, and liaison with users, suppliers and management
- Preparation of meeting agenda, minutes, presentation material and project reports in a timely manner
- Organise international conference, seminar, social and employee engagement activities
- Troubleshoot computer issues with both hardware and software and responsible for technical support
- Handle visa applications and support in ad hoc projects as assigned by Centre Director
- Bachelor degree or master degree, preferably in biomedical engineering or engineering related discipline
- Fresh graduates are welcome, previous administration experience is an advantage
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Proficiency in Office 365 applications
- Good team player, proactive and able to work independently
- Excellent problem solving skills , organization skills and attention to details
Interested candidate please submit your application online at https://www.hkcoche.org/jobs/administrative-assistant or send your CV by email with the subject of “Application for administrative Assistant (Biomedical Engineering) Position” to HR@hkcoche.org by 13 August 2021 (Friday).
Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering (COCHE), located at Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, is a newly established R&D center funded by the Innovation and Technology Commission. We are now looking for professional and passionate people to fill in several key management positions including Scientific Manager, Administrative and Business Manager, HR & Administrative Officer, and Finance and Administrative Officers.
B. Laboratory Manager / Technician
- Manage research projects, assist to prepare the annual reports, and supervise a sizable team of project coordinators;
- Plan and manage the operation and routine maintenance of equipment, manage and update equipment inventory, and manage equipment acquisition process and interact with procurement and suppliers;
- Assist to develop standard operating procedures, technical notes, guidelines and flow charts;
- Provide laboratory safety trainings to users and coordinate project ethic approval;
- Coordinate the knowledge transfer matters, including prepare patent application documents, and manage workflows of patent applications;
- Develop and update the Centre web site; and
- Handle ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Centre Director.
- A good Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, electronic and electrical engineering, biomedical engineering or related disciplines with not less than 3 years' experience in the fields above.
- Excellent command of English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
- Proficiency in computer skill including Word/Page, Excel/Numbers, PowerPoint/Keynote, and web design experience.
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and overtime; and to set and drive the team to meet project deadlines.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Laboratory Technician.
C. Part-time Administrative and Research Assistants
- Several part-time positions for administrative and research assistantship are also available for college students. The successful candidates are expected to help with equipment acquisition, research projects, accounting, HR, lab renovation, etc.
Duration of Appointments:
Appointment for 2 years with possibility of extension
Salary and Conditions of Service:
Salary offered will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits for full-time appointment include gratuity, leave, and medical insurance.
Application Closing Date: All the positions from A to B above are immediately available. Applications will be considered continuously until the poisons are filled.
Application Procedures: Please send your CV with a cover letter including current and expected salary to Secretariat.COCHE@cityu.edu.hk.
D. Postdoc Research Positions
Open Postdoc Research Positions
On “Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering: Wearable and Flexible Sensing, Medical and Molecular Imaging, Nano-robotics and AI in Health”
Supported by the ITC-InnoHK Project and ITF-Reseach Talent Hub
Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering (COCHE) is a newly established R&D center supported by the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC). COCHE aims to build a unique environment to conduct world-class research and foster interdisciplinary collaborations as well as to educate and train future generations of leading scientists related to biomedical and health engineering. We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral researchers with experience and knowledge on Wearable and Flexible Sensing, Biomedical Signal Processing, Medical and Molecular Imaging, Nanorobotics and AI in Health. The successful candidates will be supported financially by ITF Research Talent Hub and work at the COCHE located at Hong Kong Science and Technology Park. The qualified candidates can also be duly appointed with mutual agreements as an adjunct researcher at the City University of Hong Kong to enhance thecollaboration with the academics.
Over 60 postdoctoral positions are immediately available in the emerging field of Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering. The goal is to develop the innovative technologies focusing on unobtrusive and flexible sensing, biomarker detection, biomedical and molecular imaging, biomedical signal processing and modeling, nano-robotics and AI in health for the early prediction and prevention of acute Cerebro-Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs). The role of the open positioning is to lead and drive ongoing ITC research Centre projects involving both theoretical studies and hands-on experimental work as well as clinical applications.
- Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Expertise in any of the following areas: wearable and flexible electronics, signal and imaging processing, computational mathematics, machine learning and AI and nano robotics, low-field MRI, and interests in CVD applications is a must.
- Excellent oral communication and written skills in English, with good organizational and analytical abilities.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
- Previous experience in any of the areas including wearable devices, flexible sensing, biomedical signal processing, optical imaging, low-field MRI design, fast MRI, multimodal imaging, nano-micro robotics, ultrasound and/or photo-acoustic imaging, drug delivery devices, computational fluid dynamics, cardiovascular modeling, AI and mobile health is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with prototyping of biomedical systems/medical devices and physiological modeling is a plus.
Duration of Appointments:
Appointment for 1- 3 years, subject to the ITC approval.
Salary offered will be at HK$ 32,000 per month, plus other benefits.
The Application Materials that Should be Included:
- CV with a list of your publications.
- Cover letter with a brief summary of your relevant professional experience and knowledge, a brief description of what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (Maximum 2 pages long).
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English if the original documents are issued in any other languages.
- 2 Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- Contact information for two reference persons who know your research work well. We reserve the right to contact references only for shortlisted candidates.
Application Closing Date:
All the postdoctoral research positions in different areas described above are immediately available. Applications will be considered continuously until the positions are filled.
For further information on Research Talent Hub: https://www.itf.gov.hk/en/fundingprogrammes/nurturing-talent/research-talent-hub/research-talent-hub-for-itfprojects-rth-itf-/index.html
To learn more about relocating to and living in Hong Kong, please visit: the web portal "Hong Kong Welcomes U” at www.hkwelcomesu.gov.hk
Please send your CV with a cover letter and other supporting materials by email with the subject of “Application for PostDoc Research Position” to Secretariat.COCHE@cityu.edu.hk and firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.
E. Postdoc Research Staff
High-throughput analysis of epigenetic regulatory targets for diagnostic and prognostic management of CVDs
We are looking for highly motivated and collaborative applicants to fill multiple Postdoctoral Associate positions in field of Health Engineering. The projects will focus on the development of high-throughput analytical technique targeting epigenetic regulatory factors for diagnostic and prognostic management of cerebro-cardiovascular diseases. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and hard-working with a PhD in biomedical engineering, synthetic biology, biomaterials, bioinstrumentation, biophysics, systems biology, or in a related field. Expertise in cell/tissue engineering, nano/micro-fabrication, microfluidics, optics & microscopy, imaging processing, bioinformatics & artificial intelligence will be particularly preferred. Excellent communication skills in English, ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, and scientific creativity are also essential.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The contract will be 1-3 years. Salary offered will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and expertise. Fringe benefits include leave and medical consultations.
The candidates will work in a research center established in Science Park Hong Kong. If interested, please send your application with CV to email@example.com
Last modified on 16 July, 2021