Students who are interested in studying in CityU as an exchange student can obtain useful information presented in the ensuing section.
To undertake exchange studies at CityU, students must satisfy ALL of the following requirements:
- Have enrolled at one of our partner universities as a full-time student for no less than one academic year.
- Meet the minimum academic "good standing" requirement at their home university.
- Meet one of the English requirements if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university:
- TOEFL 79 (internet-based test) or above; OR
- IELTS 6.5 or above; OR
- Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or above.
- Be nominated by their university’s international office or unit concerned.
How to apply?
- Partners should send their nominations to Janice Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 8 April for Semester A or 1 September for Semester B.
- Applicants must submit their application via online system : Account registration / Application login
- Applicants must also submit all the required documents in ORIGINAL copy via their home university. Direct applications will not be accepted.
List of required documents:
- Academic Transcript
- Application form for Visa (ID995A)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
- Request for Visa Sponsorship & Student's Agreement
- Declaration by Financial Sponsor (Sample)
- Photocopies of financial documents under the name of applicant, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, scholarship award notification, tax receipts and salary slips. If you are financially sponsored by another party, provide the sponsor's financial statements (do not send original documents as, once submitted, all documents are irretrievable)
- A photocopy of your travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry
Other documents may be required:
- Application form for Visa Extension (ID91) (if applicable)
- Letter of Consent on Guardianship (For Students under 18)
For details on the visa application, please visit our Global Engagement Office.
Notification of Results
All application results will be notified in writing. Participating students are NOT advised to purchase an air ticket until they have received our acceptance letter.