JUPAS Catalogue No.: JS1200
Programme Leader: Dr LAM Yun Wah
Programme Aims and Objectives
GREAT is a new 4-Year undergraduate option starting from the 2021 entry. It aims to nurture students who are interested in pursuing a career in scientific research or starting business ventures that involve the use of new scientific discoveries and innovative technologies. Students will be admitted to the College of Science and study a tailored common first-year curriculum. After one year of study, students will have a free choice of GREAT streams offered by the Departments of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
1. Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (GREAT stream)
2. Bachelor of Science in Computing Mathematics (GREAT stream)
3. Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics (GREAT stream)
- Independent research commencing as early as in Year 2
- Mentorship by world renowned researchers e.g. Nobel laureates, Academicians of National Science Academies, Fellows of Science Societies and world renowned scholars
- Special courses on entrepreneurship & IP rights protection, patent application and research proposal / business plan development
- At least one semester of overseas academic/research exchange
- At least one summer placement in local research laboratories or technological startup companies
- At least one summer internship in overseas research institutes or technological startup companies.