About the Programme
The College has specially arranged opportunities for participants to have hands-on experience in conducting scientific research related to their study. Apart from research experience, outside classroom workshop including cultural activities and industrial visit to give participants a brief understanding of industrial establishments in HK as well as have a taste of Chinese culture. It aims to provide student with the opportunity to conduct a research project for widening their horizon and applying their knowledge practically.
Key Dates for Summer Term
- Application deadline: 1 March
- Earliest arrival date: 4 June
- Exchange period: 10 June to 9 August
Participating students may register a 6 credit-unit course
Possible Internship Research Areas:
Chemistry; Biology; Environmental Science; Cancer Biology; Regenerative Medicine; Neuroscience; Nanomedicine; Multimedia Computing; Distributed Mobile Computing and Wireless Networking; Applied Algorithms; Data Science and Knowledge Management; Systems, Software Engineering and Internet Applications, Evolutionary Computation; Applied Analysis; Computational Mathematics; Mathematical Modelling; Probability and Statistics; Theory and Computational Physics; Spectroscopy and Imaging; Atomic, Molecular, Optics, Low Dimensional Systems; Soft Matter and Biophysics; Radiation Physics
- have enrolled at one of our partner universities as a full-time student for no less than one academic year.
- meet the minimum academic "good standing" requirement at their home university.
- meet one of the English requirements if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university:
- TOEFL 79 (internet-based test) or above; OR
- IELTS 6.5 or above; OR
- Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or above.
- be nominated by their university’s international office or unit concerned.
Applicants must submit their applications together with all the required documents in ORIGINAL copy via their home university by 1 March 2019.
- Admission Form
- 5 project choices with priority
- Academic Transcript
- Student Residence application form
- Application form for Visa (ID995A)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
- Request for Visa Sponsorship & Student's Agreement
- Declaration by Financial Sponsor (Sample)
- Photocopies of financial documents under the name of applicant, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, scholarship award notification, tax receipts and salary slips. If you are financially sponsored by another party, provide the sponsor's financial statements (do not send original documents as, once submitted, all documents are irretrievable)
- A photocopy of your travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry