*Duration of certain programmes have been altered to fit the requirements of CityU.
Students who have applied for graduation in Semester B 2021/22 are NOT eligible to apply.
Minimum Requirements for Application for Student Exchange Programme:
Full-time student of a government-funded bachelor's degree programme offered by CSCI
Nominative 4-year students: Must have completed at least ONE year of study at CityU and have major declared before applying for exchange programme.
Advanced standing students: Must have completed at least ONE year of study at CityU before undertaking exchange studies.
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
English Language Proficiency
Achieved one of the following Minimum requirements:
- TOEFL: 79 (internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test)
- IELTS: Overall band of 6.5
- Public Examinations:
- Grade C or above in one of the following:
- HKALE Use of English / English Literature
- GCEAL English Literature (or Grade B at GCSE English Language)
- Level 4 or above in HKDSE English Language
- Senate approved English courses: Grade C or above
- Any other equivalent English proficiency result, including a minimum of 1650 SATI or International Baccalaureate Diploma with an overall minimum score of 28.
If the English language requirements prescribed by the host institution are higher than the above, you must follow such requirements for admission purpose.
Students MUST fulfil the English requirement before application.
- Identify up to 3 summer exchange programmes from the list that fit your study plan and interests.
- Consult your Programme Leader or Departmental Exchange Coordinator about the suitability of the proposed exchange study and procedures relating to your application. The discussion should include your tentative course plan and credit transfer arrangements.
- Submit your application and proof of English result to your department by the deadline as specified by your department.
- Nomination will be made by your Department based on your preferences, CGPA and English proficiency.
Selection will be based on students' CGPA and English proficiency. The partner institutions, however, reserve the final decision on the admission of exchange students.
Eligible students may receive funding for exchange students. Each student is only eligible to receive the funding for once.