To enrich students’ global perspective, students are encouraged to join the Student Exchange Programme. More than 70 partner institutions at Departmental, College or Institutional level are offering student exchange places for CSCI students.
Application Period | 5 Dec 2018 - 18 Jan 2019
Exchange Period | Semester A or Semester B of 2019/20
Result Announcement | late February 2019
Minimum Requirements for Application for Student Exchange Programme:
Remark: Some partner universities/institutions require applicants to submit their TOEFL / IELTS score reports together with their applications for admission. You are therefore strongly advised to prepare your TOEFL / IELTS test as early as possible.
How to apply?
- Identify up to 6 exchange institutions (2 at Institutional level, 2 at College level and 2 Departmental level) from the list of partner institutions that fit your study plan and interests. Students MUST select at least 1 Institutional-level programme.
- Consult your Programme Leader or Departmental Exchange Coordinator about the suitability of the proposed exchange study and procedures relating to your application. The discussion should include your tentative course plan and credit transfer arrangements.
- Submit your Student Exchange Application and proof of English result through AIMS (under "Student Services") by the application deadline.
- Nomination will be made by your Department based on your preferences, CGPA and English proficiency.
- Attend the selection interviews scheduled by Global Engagement Office if you are shortlisted.
Remark: The partner institutions, however, reserve the final decision on the admission of exchange students.
Normally, there are two rounds of applications each academic year. However, no second round of applications will be organised if all exchange places have been allocated to eligible students in the first round. Interested students are therefore advised to apply for exchange studies as early as possible.
- Application Period: Dec-Jan
- Exchange Period: Semester A or Semester B of the next academic year
- Application Period: Aug - Sep
- Exchange Period: Semester B of the current academic year
Admission to Host Institution
Successful candidates will receive a conditional offer of Student Exchange Programme from the University.
Students will be required to pay a Caution Money of HK$1,000 when they accept the exchange offer from the University. Students will receive a reimbursement of the Caution Money if and when they have completed the exchange programme with satisfaction, and submitted all the required documents to the University upon completion of the exchange programme. Should student fail to meet any of the above stated requirements or decide to withdraw from the programme after accepting the offer, even before or after departure, the Caution Money will be forfeited. For details, please check the website of Global Engagement Office.
The application for admission to the host institution shall be made via the University in the form of a nomination. The University reserves the right to withdraw the conditional offer if a student fails to fulfil the Programme requirements, which include but not limited to English language requirements. Students should note that the final result of application for Student Exchange Programme is subject to your fulfilment of all Programme requirements set by both home and host institutions.
Host universities shall waive the tuition fees for exchange students. Students just need to pay the normal tuition and other study-related fees to CityU during the exchange period. Exchange students are also responsible for financing their travel, accommodation, living expenses, visa, insurance, books, etc.
Eligible students can receive funding from the University to support their exchange programme.
From the University
- Student Exchange Fund
- Special Fund for Non-local Outbound Exchange Students
- Joseph Lau Student Exchange Awards
- Subsidies Offered by the Education Bureau
- University Scholarships
To obtain the funding, participants in the Student Exchange Programme (SEP) must fulfill the requirements of SEP, which include but not limited to the followings:
- meeting the English language requirements set by home and host universities, whenever applicable, on or before the application deadline set by the host university; and
- successfully completing the approved exchange study programme by passing at least 12 credit units per semester (or equivalent, i.e. 20 ECTS) and the requirements stipulated by the host university.
CityU reserves the right to withdraw full or partial the sponsorship if students fail to fulfill the funding conditions and criteria set by the University.
For details, please check the Global Engagement Office's website : http://www.cityu.edu.hk/geo/StudentExchange/financial-support.html