How to set up Email Auto-forwarding?
You can use "Forwarding" option to forward all e-mail from Microsoft 365 (M365) to another account automatically.
Below is the procedure for setting up auto-forwarding with Outlook Web App (OWA):
- Login your M365 account with Microsoft 365 OWA.
- Click gear icon at the top-right corner of OWA window.
- Select Mail under Your app settings.
- Select Forwarding under Accounts of MAIL.
- Select Start forwarding and type e-mail address of your destination.
- If you want to keep copy of incoming M365 account's message, you will enable Keep a copy of forwarded messages
in Outlook on the web.
- Click save to save changes and start forwarding right now.
- You must NOT create direct looping i.e. should NOT forward to yourself. Otherwise, endless looping would occur,
resulting in NO (or duplicated) email can be delivered to your mailbox.
- Prevent indirect looping. That is, prevent setting up email forwarding both in your email account and another email
account such that each of which forward email message to each other.
e.g. if firstname.lastname@example.org has been set forward
to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org has also been set
forward to email@example.com, email would be forwarded between
the two email addresses and an endless looping would occur, resulting in NO (or duplicated) email can be delivered to
Return to FAQs on CityU Microsoft 365