How to set up Automatic Replies (Vacation Notice) in Office 365?
You can set up Automatic Replies (Vacation Notice) in your Office 365 (O365) account by using Automatic Replies
which is provided in either MS Outlook or Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA).
For the set-up procedure of MS Outlook 2010, please refer to
Below is the procedure for setting up Automatic Replies in your O365 account with Outlook Web App (OWA):
- Login your O365 account with Office 365 OWA.
- Click gear icon at the top-right corner of OWA window.
- Select Mail under Your app settings.
- Select Automatic replies under Automatic processing of MAIL.
- Select Send automatic replies.
- If you want to use schedule, you will enable Send replies only during this time period check box.
Then specify Start time and End time.
- Type message for internal senders in text box for sender inside my organization.
- If you want to send message to external senders, both options of Send automatic reply messages to senders outside
my organization and Send replies to all external senders will be selected for sure.
- Type message for external senders in text box for sender outside my organization.
- Click Save.
- "Internal Sender" means the email sender is also a CityU O365 user whoes Email Address ends with
- If you do not enter text in the text fields and the Automatic Replies are enabled, senders will not
receive an auto-reply message.
To turn off Automatic Replies
Select the Don't send automatic replies to disable them. By default, Automatic Replies are disabled.
Return to FAQs on CityU Office 365