The Student Discipline Committee (SDC) is appointed by the Academic Policy Committee. The SDC will meet normally once per year but the Chair of SDC shall have the discretion to dispense with the holding of a meeting when there is no major issue within the terms of reference of the SDC. Without limiting the power and/or discretion of the Chair to dispense with the holding of an SDC meeting, the SDC, with the permission of its Chair, may transact its business by the circulation of papers.
- To advise the Academic Policy Committee on policy matters involving Student discipline.
- To determine and periodically update the Code.
- To review the terms of reference and constitution of the SDP and the SDAP.
- To receive reports from the SDP and the SDAP on cases considered by those panels, and any issues of principle arising from them.
- To report on its business annually to the Academic Policy Committee.