I am a PhD candidate in Media & Communication at City University of Hong Kong (CityU) and Control Science & Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) (Joint PhD program provided by SJTU and CityU). I am currently affiliated with Web Mining Lab at CityU and Complex Network & Control Lab at SJTU. My research lies at the intersection of Network Science and Social Sciences.
- 2015/2016.09-present, Ph.D. in Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong
- 2014.09-present, Ph.D. in Control Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- 2017.11-2018.05, Visiting Ph.D. Student at Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2010.09-2014.06, B.E. in Automation, Central South University
- Yafei Zhang, Lin Wang, Jonathan J. H. Zhu, Xiaofan Wang, & Alex ‘Sandy’ Pentland. "The Strength of Social Context Diversity in Online Social Networks", preprint at arXiv
- Yafei Zhang, Lin Wang, Jonathan J. H. Zhu, & Xiaofan Wang. "The Virality and Growth of Cascades". In International School and Conference on Network Science (NetSci-X 2020), Tokyo, Japan, 20-23 Jan., 2020.
- Yafei Zhang, Lu Guan, Hexin Chen, & Jonathan J. H. Zhu. "Using Text Mining to Measure Diffusion of Innovation". In the 67th ICA (International Communication Association) Annual Conference, San Diego, CA, USA, 25-29 May, 2017.
- Yafei Zhang, Lin Wang, Jonathan J. H. Zhu, Xiaofan Wang, & Alex ‘Sandy’ Pentland. "Social Context Diversity and Online Social Reputations". In CCCN 2019, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, China, 10-12 Oct., 2019.
- Lu Guan, Yafei Zhang, & Jonathan J. H. Zhu. "Impact of Self-interest, Peer Influence and Global Popularity on Blogging Activities." In the 68th ICA (International Communication Association) Annual Conference, Prague, Czech, 24-28 May, 2018.
- Lu Guan, Yafei Zhang, & Jonathan J. H. Zhu. "Segmenting and Characterizing Adopters of E-Books and Paper Books Based on Amazon Book Reviews." In the 5th Chinese National Conference on Social Media Processing (SMP 2016), pp. 85-97. Springer Singapore, 2016
Honors & Awards
- Research Tuition Scholarship, City University of Hong Kong, 2017-2018
- Outstanding Academic Performance Award, City University of Hong Kong, 2016-2017