The programme aims to produce data-analytic and business-aware graduates to meet the growing demand for high-level data science skills and to prepare graduates to apply data science techniques to knowledge discovery and dissemination in organizational decision-making. It is also intended to help established data analytic professionals upgrade their technical management and development skills and to provide a solid path for students from diverse fields to rapidly transition to data science careers.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs):
Upon successful completion of this Programme, students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of science and engineering appropriate to the data science discipline
- Understand theoretical foundation of contemporary techniques and apply them for managing, mining and analyzing data across multiple disciplines
- Comprehend computational tools and use data-driven thinking to discover new knowledge and to solve real-world problems with complex structures
- Recognize the need for and engage in continuous learning about emerging and innovative data science techniques and ideas
- Communicate ideas and findings in written, oral and visual forms and work in a diverse team environment