|Admission Year||Application Open||Application Deadline||Announcement of Results|
|2020||Although admission is mainly considered in the main admission round, applications are accepted throughout the year. Early admission may be given to outstanding candidates.||
2 December 2019*
* at 12 noon (Hong Kong Time or GMT +8 hours)
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applications received after the above-mentioned deadline may be considered subject to the availability of student places.
Explore and Prepare
Create Application Account
- Create an online application account
- Take note of your electronic ID (EID), application number and password for future access
Complete Online Application
- Fill out application form
- Upload supporting documents
- Official certificates and transcripts of academic qualifications.
- Certificates of professional qualifications, if applicable.
- Publication record, if applicable.
- International English language tests results, if applicable.
- A research proposal for applications to some Colleges/Schools. (For more detailed information of the supporting documents, please refer to the Section on “Supporting Documents” in the online application.)
- Upload academic referee report
- Pay the application fee and submit the application before deadline
Check for Email Communications
- Receive acknowledgement
An acknowledgement message will be shown online immediately after you have successfully paid the application fee online. In addition, an acknowledgement email will be sent to you upon receipt of your online application.
- Attend interview (face-to-face, telephone conference, or Skype)
- Respond to further information requests
- Receive acknowledgement
Check Application Status
- Depending on the programme you apply for, applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis during the application period or in batches after the application deadline. You can check the application result through your application account.
- If you are successful in your application, we will send you an email notification reminding you to check the application account to view and download the offer letter and to complete the required procedures to accept the offer, as given in the Admission Notes for Candidates Admitted to MPhil/PhD Programmes. You will not receive a hard copy of the letter. Please ensure that your email address is current and that you do not filter out any such messages.
- To facilitate the verification of academic qualifications, admitted applicants may be required to arrange for the relevant institutions to send an original copy of the official transcript of their bachelor’s and/or postgraduate degree(s) to the University.
Accept Your Offer
- Upon receipt of the offer letter, the guidelines for acceptance of offers will be sent to you via email
- Non-local students visa applications