Applicants should satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and the following programme specific entrance requirements:
- hold a degree in engineering, science or equivalent; or
- be a graduate member or a non-member qualified for graduate membership of professional institutions, for example, the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE), member institutions of the Engineering Council (UK) and other recognized professional institutions; or
- qualifications with evidence of academic and professional attainment acceptable to the University
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is NOT English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- band 6 in the Chinese mainland’s College English Test; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.