To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirement and must:
- hold a degree from one of the tertiary educational institutions of Hong Kong funded by the University Grants Committee; or
- hold a degree of a level equivalent to the above from a local or non-local institution recognized for this purpose by the University; or
- have satisfied the academic requirements for corporate membership of a professional institution recognized for this purpose by the University; or
- have obtained an equivalent qualification, or provided evidence of academic and professional attainments, acceptable for this purpose to the University.
Applicants may be required to take an entry test and/or interview.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test)^ or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a score 450 in the new College English Test (CET-6) of Chinese mainland; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
In view of the recent development of COVID-19, ‘TOEFL iBT Home Edition’ and ‘IELTS Indicator’, as indicated below, are accepted as equivalent qualifications for the fulfillment of the University’s minimum English proficiency requirement for admission to TPg programmes until further notice:
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition: a score of 79; or
- IELTS Indicator: an overall band score of 6.5
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange with the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
^ Effective from 11 April 2021, the TOEFL revised paper-delivered test is no longer offered.