To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and:
have a Bachelor's degree in communication related areas from a recognized university or equivalent qualification; or
have a Bachelor's degree in non-communication-related areas and a minor in communication related areas of studies
Applicants without a major or a minor in communication related areas of studies must have the basic knowledge about media and communication through coursework and an internship in communication related areas for at least three months. Substantive working experience in communication related areas such as a full-time job in a communication related position for at least one year will satisfy the requirement for the basic knowledge about communication.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a score 450 in the new College English Test (CET-6) of Chinese mainland; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
In view of the recent development of COVID-19, ‘TOEFL iBT Home Edition’ and ‘IELTS Indicator’, as indicated below, are accepted as equivalent qualifications for the fulfillment of the University’s minimum English proficiency requirement for admission to TPg programmes with immediate effect for 2022/23 cohort:
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition: a score of 79; or
- IELTS Indicator: an overall band score of 6.5
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
#Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.