The programme aims to provide aspiring managers, from private and public sectors, a professional education in which they learn to create new knowledge so that their managerial competence and skills can be elevated, to enable them to achieve their better career goals and to benefit society.
Year of Entry2021
Application DeadlineLocal & Non-local : 15 Jan 2021
Mode of StudyCombined †
Mode of FundingNon-government-funded
Indicative Intake Target110
Minimum No. of Credits RequiredGeneral Curriculum: 40; Concentration Curriculum: 49 for One Concentration or 58 for Double Concentrations
Class ScheduleFull-time: weekday daytime and evenings,and Saturday afternoons
Part-time: weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons
Normal Study PeriodFull-time: 1 year or Part-time: 2 years for General Curriculum
Full-time: 1.5 years or Part-time:3 years for One Concentration
Full-time: 2 years or Part-time: 3 years for Double Concentrations
Maximum Study PeriodFull-time: 2.5 years or Part-time: 5 years for General Curriculum
Full-time: 3 years or Part-time: 6 years for One Concentration or Double Concentrations
Mode of ProcessingApplications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged.
When evaluating an application, we consider various factors (including academic achievements, professional experiences, and personal accomplishments) from a holistic perspective. An applicant must have:
- a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, or equivalent;
- relevant work experience*; and
- an acceptable GMAT score or the equivalent, subject to the approval of the MBA Programme Director.
*Fresh graduates and those with less than three years of work experience will enrol in the full-time mode of the programme.
All shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is NOT English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a score 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
^Some applicants may be recommended to take the Concentration Curriculum, especially those without sufficient work experience.
For details about the programme, please visit our website: http://www.cityu.edu.hk/mba
- The Professional Forum (also known as SHARP Forum) is a thought-provoking platform where thriving business executives, prominent government officials, prestigious scholars, inspiring entrepreneurs, influential celebrities, and renowned experts are invited to:
- Spread inciting ideas, insightful perspectives, and inspirational experiences;
- Stretch boundaries of novel concepts, evolving issues, and cutting-edge solutions.
- Focusing on leadership and experiential learning, CityU MBA offers courses such as Entrepreneurship and Venture Plan Development, Global Brand Management Workshop; and MBA Enterprise Diagnostic R-Trip to provide opportunities for students to gain practical experience through action learning with a global emphasis.
- The Industry On-site Workshop gives an opportunity for participants to learn from the operational frameworks of other industries.
- The MBA Career Services provides a wide range of services including career advising, events and workshops, mentoring activities, networking opportunities and other resources to help participants in refining your career goals and navigating the recruitment process.
Admission is on a space-available basis. Non-local applicants are highly encouraged to apply early to allow sufficient time for student visa application and preparation for studying in Hong Kong.
All programme arrangements are subject to change and availability.