This programme aims to enable students to apply modern analytical and managerial skills that facilitate decision makings at all levels of operational and strategic practices in Supply Chain Management.
Year of Entry2021
Application DeadlineLocal & Non-local : 28 May 2021
Mode of StudyCombined †
Mode of FundingNon-government-funded
Indicative Intake Target100
Minimum No. of Credits Required30
Class ScheduleFull-time: Weekday daytime and/or evenings; Part-time: Weekday evenings
Normal Study PeriodFull-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Maximum Study PeriodFull-time: 2.5 years;
Part-time/Combined mode: 5 years
Mode of ProcessingApplications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged.
- Applicants must hold a recognized Bachelor's degree;
- Working experience is preferred but NOT required.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is NOT English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a minimum score of 450 in the Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET6); or
- other equivalent qualifications.
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
- Managerial Decision Modeling
- Predictive Analytics with Excel and R
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management (#)
Either take 6 of the following courses:
- Advanced Case Analysis for Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics with Spreadsheet
- Business Process Modeling & Simulation
- E-Logistics & Enterprise Resource Planning (#)
- Project Management
- Service Quality Management
- Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Transportation Logistics
- Elective courses from College of Business (no more than two courses)
or take 4 of the above courses plus:
- Internship Project
(#) CEF reimbursable courses
The programme benefits from the use of relevant technology and software packages (such as SAP, SAS, SPSS, and Service Models) to reinforce students’ understanding of the concepts, methods, and processes introduced.