The first of its kind in Hong Kong, this specialist programme aims to help participants to acquire the unique skills and insights that are needed to successfully conduct business across political, economic and cultural boundaries and become highly competent in integrating the global dimensions of key business functions.
Year of Entry2021
Application DeadlineLocal & Non-local : 31 Jan 2021
Mode of StudyCombined †
Mode of FundingNon-government-funded
Indicative Intake Target50
Minimum No. of Credits Required30
Class ScheduleWeekday evenings
Normal Study PeriodFull-time: 1 year; Part-time: 2 years
Maximum Study PeriodFull-time: 2.5 years;
Part-time/Combined mode: 5 years
Mode of ProcessingApplications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged.
possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree with Second Class Honours or above, or the equivalent.
Those who have at least three years of post-qualification managerial professional experience in international business or China-related activities OR have two years of post-qualification managerial and/or professional experience with a first degree or an equivalent qualification in business or a related discipline, will be given priority for admission.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is NOT English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a score 490 in the new College English Test (CET6) of Chinese mainland; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
- International Organizational Behaviour
- International Entrepreneurship & Intrapreneurship
- Cross-Cultural Negotiation
- Managing International Business
- Financial Statement Analysis in Global Context
- Global Human Resources Management
- Global Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibilities
- International Finance
Core Electives Courses
Participants must select one of the following core electives:
- Overseas Business Discovery
- Doing Business in Asia
Participants must select one of the following electives:
- Leadership: Managing in Adverse Situations
- Blockchain Technology and Business Applications
- Global Information Systems and Knowledge Management Applications in Organisations
- High Performance Collaborations
- Organizational Development and Change
- People Analytics
Participants have the opportunity to interact with their counterparts from a variety of industries and backgrounds. The overseas business discovery offers participants immense opportunities to expand their knowledge.
One of the unique aspects of our department is that our faculty members are truly international as they come from four continents.
This programme was the first of its kind in Hong Kong.
The majority of the applicants put this programme as their only choice when they apply.