How to set up Email Auto-forwarding?
You can use "Forwarding" option to forward all e-mail from Office 365 (O365) to another account automatically.
Below is the procedure for setting up auto-forwarding with Outlook Web App (OWA):
- Login your O365 account with Office 365 OWA.
- Click gear icon at the top-right corner of OWA window.
- Select Mail under Your app settings.
- Select Forwarding under Accounts of MAIL.
- Select Start forwarding and type e-mail address of your destination.
- If you want to keep copy of incoming O365 account's message, you will enable Keep a copy of forwarded messages
in Outlook on the web.
- Click save to save changes and start forwarding right now.
- You must NOT create direct looping i.e. should NOT forward to yourself. Otherwise, endless looping will occur,
resulting in NO (or duplicated) email delivery.
- Prevent indirect looping. i.e. it means to prevent setting up email forwarding in both addresses.
e.g. if A is forwarded to
B, and B is also forwarded to
A. An endless looping will occur, resulting in NO (or duplicated) email delivery to
Return to FAQs on CityU Office 365