Professional Development (SEE2000 & SEE4000)
** SEE2000 Professional Development I and SEE4000 Professional Development II are applicable to SEE undergraduate students (Cohort 2020 and onward) **
I. Course Overview
|Course Code and Title||SEE2000 Professional Development I
SEE4000 Professional Development II
|Graduation Requirement||As a School Requirement, SEE undergraduate students MUST complete both courses, namely SEE2000 Professional Development I and SEE4000 Professional Development II, in order to graduate.|
|Who are required to take SEE2000 and SEE4000?||
SEE undergraduate students (Cohort 2020 and onward)+++ In academic year 2022/23, students listed below are required to take SEE2000 Professional Development I. +++
|What component(s) in SEE2000?||Career Training Workshops|
|What component(s) in SEE4000?||160-hour Professional Development|
|When to take SEE2000?||Students should take SEE2000 Professional Development I in their Year-2 study. It is the pre-requisite of SEE4000 Professional Development II.|
|When to take SEE4000?||Students should take SEE4000 Professional Development II after completing SEE2000 Professional Development I.|
II. SEE2000 Professional Development I
- Under SEE2000 Professional Development I, SEE will arrange a series of Career Training Workshops for students.
- Students are required to attend these COMPULSORY Career Training Workshops in their Year-2 study to complete SEE2000 Professional Development I.
- Schedule of the workshops will be announced by email.
- SEE2000 Professional Development I is the pre-requisite of SEE4000 Professional Development II.
- Any absence in aforementioned career training workshops means unsuccessful completion of SEE2000 Professional Development I. Students absentees will NOT be allowed to take SEE4000 Professional Development II. This will hinder graduation.
III. SEE4000 Professional Development II
- The Professional Development experience, namely internship, volunteering or equivalent experience, should be relevant to energy, environment, and/or sustainability.
- The Professional Development can be either paid or unpaid position, as well as voluntary work for an NGO.
- Students are allowed to gain 160 hours of Professional Development through one piece of experience or more, e.g. 120-hour internship experience gained in Organization A and 40-hour volunteering experience gained in Organization B.
- Such experience must enable students to develop at least ONE graduate attribute each in both of the categories.
Category 1: Technical Skills Category 2: Soft Skills
- Technical Competency
- Effective Communication
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Life-long Learning
- Leader with a Global Vision
- Students are required attend all the Career Training Workshops (See part II above) in Year-2 study before taking part in any Professional Development. Therefore, students are expected to start taking part in Professional Development in the summer term of their Year-2 study.
IV. Submission of Evidence
At the beginning of each Semester, SEE will remind students who have successfully completed SEE2000 Professional Development I to submit evidence of Professional Development in case they have already gained professional development experience.
- Students are requested to submit the evidence of Professional Development (proofs/records) in the submission round following the completion of each Professional Development. The submission will be done online via QuestionPro.
- QuestionPro link will be disseminated to students by email.
- Students should have submitted ALL evidence(s) of Professional Development by the last submission round before they apply for graduation.
Proof Submission Results
2022/23 Round 2: Please click the Approval Result to view.
2022/23 Round 1: Please click the Approval Result to view.
V. Information Session
Please listen to the recordings and refer to the presentation slides!