Minor in Energy Technology
|Award Title||(in English) :
|Minor in Energy Technology
|Number of Credit Units Required for the Award:||15|
Subject to the approval of the home academic unit(s), students obtaining 15 credit units including the 9 credit units of the core courses (SEE2101, SEE3102 and SEE3103) will be awarded the Minor in Energy Technology in addition to their undergraduate major degree.
This minor combines core courses with some electives. Each course (except SEE4999 Special Project in Energy and Environment) constitutes three credit units.
- Aims of Minor
- Intended Learning Outcomes of Minor
- Requirements for the Award (15 credit units)
- Enrollment Procedures
This minor aims to provide the students a good understanding of the science and engineering knowledge in energy production and utilization. The students will be equipped to work in a wide variety of energy related fields and practise efficient, environmental-friendly and sustainable energy supply and use.
Upon successful completion of this Minor, students should be able to:
- Discover and apply the science and fundamental principles that govern energy conversions to create new knowledge and solve practical energy supply and demand problems with innovative solutions;
- Perform energy conversion analysis and assess environmental impacts of conventional fossil-fuel and nuclear based technologies;
- Conduct proper engineering analyses to study and evaluate various energy-consuming systems and to design systems for high energy efficiency with originality ideas;
- Analyse the relationships and articulate the significance of environmental-friendly and sustainable supply of energy;
- Utilize renewable energy technologies by applying practical and creative approaches to achieve a sustainable future.
- The application period will be set by ARRO. No late applications will be processed after the said period.
- Students are responsible for planning their own study schedules and fulfilling the course requirements in accordance with the academic structures as set in the Minor programme.
- Students must complete all courses required in the Minor programme before graduation by obtaining a minimum of 15 credits including the 9 credits of the core courses, SEE2101 Engineering Thermofluids I, SEE3102 Power Plant Engineering and SEE3103 Energy Efficiency for Buildings, for the award of the Minor.
- To earn a Minor, students must attain a GPA of 1.7 or above for the courses in the Minor programme.
- The courses prescribed in the Minor programme may not be offered each semester. School of Energy and Environment reserves the right to offer courses in any semester according to available resource and number of enrolment.
- School of Energy and Environment reserves the right to approve or not to approve the application for enrolling the Minor programme.
Core Courses (9 credit units):
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Units|
|SEE2101||Engineering Thermofluids I||3|
|SEE3102||Power Plant Engineering||3|
|SEE3103||Energy Efficiency for Buildings||3|