Quota Controlled Fast Print Queue - free service (Guideline for Notebook Computer Users)
(For more information, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions / Practice / Policies for this service)
Quota Controlled Fast Print Queue service is provided in Computing Services Centre to enhance the existing quota-based printing service with the following advantages:
- A unique print queue for multiple printers
- Release of print jobs at the most convenient time and location
- Deduction of print quota at printing instead of job submission
- Provision of papers for printing
High performance printers can be found at the following locations:
- AC2 4/F near CSC Service Counter (2 Konica Minolta printers)
- AC2 4/F Corridor (2 Konica Minolta printers)
- AC2 5/F Main Entrance (1 Konica Minolta printer)
- AC2 5/F near Room 5503 (1 Konica Minolta printer)
- AC2 G/F Room G600 (2 Konica Minolta printers)
- CMC 4/F (2 Konica Minolta printers)
Users can also release their print jobs inside CityU Library at the following locations (the printers are maintained by Library)
- Inside Information Space (3 Konica Minolta printers)
- Inside Printing Room 2 of Oval Area (2 Konica Minolta printers)
To increase user convenience, we have added this printing service to notebook computers. Users can submit their print jobs through the notebooks anywhere.
They can then release the print job and pick them up at the release station by using their CityU ID Card.
The print quota will be deducted when user release the print
In order to speed up the central printing system so as to cope with heavy printing demand at the beginning of Semester A, students are strongly recommended not to submit their print jobs until they are ready to be released at the printing station as the performance of central printing system will be seriously affected if too many print jobs are submitted without being released.
ALL submitted print jobs must be released within 1 hour or else they will be deleted automatically and students will have to re-submit their print jobs.
Double-sided or duplex printing consumes fewer sheets of paper, therefore all print queues connected to the quota-controlled fast printers have been configured to duplex printing mode as default. However, if necessary, users still can select simplex mode printing by selecting it in the Print Type of the Layout of the Printing Preferences.
Steps for printing:
- Connect to the central print queue of this service
- Type \\ccstung1.ad.cityu.edu.hk in the Windows Explorer and press Enter
- Enter your EID and Password to logon the server (The syntax for the "User name" should be "firstname.lastname@example.org", xxxxxx is your EID) and then click "OK"
- Select "Quota_FastPQ_KonicaMinolta" for Konica Minolta printer, press the right button of the mouse and then choose "Connect...". (For Windows Vista, the connection process may require several minutes for the first time and a message box for the confirmation of installing the printer driver may be prompted)
- The print queue of Quota Controlled Fast Printing will be created on your machine
- Print to the print queue in your application (e.g. Microsoft Word)
(Choose "Quota_FastPQ_KonicaMinolta" for Konica Minolta printer)
- Go to the Release Station, place your CityU ID Card on the smart card reader
- Click "Print" on the job you want to release
- Click " Done" to exit
Return to Main Print Service page