How to set up Automatic Replies (Vacation Notice) in Office 365?
You can set up Automatic Replies (Vacation Notice) in your Office 365 (O365) account in Microsoft Outlook or
Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA - O365 Webmail).
For the setup procedures of MS Outlook 2010, please refer to
Procedure for using Outlook Web App (OWA) is shown:
- Login your O365 account at CityU Staff Sign in to Office 365 web page.
- Click gear icon at the top-right corner of OWA window.
- Select Mail under Your app settings.
- Select Automatic replies under Automatic processing of MAIL.
- Select Send automatic replies.
- If you want to use schedule, you will enable Send replies only during this time period check box.
Then specify Start time and End time.
- Type message for internal senders in text box for sender inside my organization.
- If you want to send message to external senders, both options of Send automatic reply messages to senders outside
my organization and Send replies to all external senders will be selected for sure.
- Type message for external senders in text box for sender outside my organization.
- Click Save.
- "Internal Sender" means that email sender is also a CityU O365 user whose Email Address ends
with "@um.cityu.edu.hk" or"@cityu.edu.hk".
- If you type nothing in text fields and the Automatic Replies are enabled, senders will not receive an auto-reply message eventually.
To turn off Automatic Replies
Select Don't send automatic replies to disable them. Automatic Replies are disabled by default.
Return to FAQs on CityU Office 365