Our BSc Physics programme equips students with knowledge and critical thinking skills that will enable them to tackle difficult problems throughout their careers.
The curriculum not only provides students with rigorous training in fundamental physics, but also introduces them to various specialized physics-related topics such as financial engineering, biophysics, medical physics, optics, and material science / solid-state physics, paving their ways to a diversified career path or further studies.
Apart from the academic curriculum, the Physics Department offers students various research, internship, and exchange opportunities to accelerate their developments:
- Study Tours to different universities around the world
- Frontier Research with world-leading scholars
- Industrial Internships in various companies, institutes, public sectors, and more
- Student Ambassador Program to promote students’ leadership
Students with outstanding academic performance may apply for the CityU Talents Programme*:
- Joint Bachelor’s Degree Program between CityU and Columbia University
- Undergraduate plus Taught Postgraduate Degree Programme (BSc Physics + MSc Applied Physics)
- Global Research Enrichment and Technopreneurship (GREAT)
To learn more about our undergraduate programme, please click here to visit our programme website. For details about entrance requirements and application procedures, please visit the website of our Admissions Office.
Students could also watch our admissions talk "An Introduction to BSc Physics: Admission Information and Job Prospectives" (Cantonese).
The Department of Physics Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships
Undergraduate students who fulfilled the following criteria will be automatically considered for the scholarships:
- admitted to the BSc Physics program through the JUPAS route; and
- have placed the BSc Physics program in the Band A of JUPAS choices; and
- have attained 5* or above in any ONE of the specified subjects in English, Mathematics, M1/M2, Physics, or Combined Science (Phy+Chem)/(Phy+Bio).
Each scholarship awardee will receive up to HK$10,000, which is payable in Year 1 and 2.
*Remark: The programmes listed here are options under the CityU Talents Programme currently available for the BSc Physics students.
10 June 2021