To setup your network connection in Windows 7 or above
This guide describes how to setup a network connection in CityU student residence in Windows 7 or above.
Configuring Network Connection
- Click "Start" from the menu bar and open "Control Panel".
- Click on the "Network and Internet" icon.
- Click on the "Network and Sharing Centre" icon.
- Click on the "Change adapter settings" hyperlink.
- Right-click the "Local area connection" icon and choose the "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
- Make sure that name of the network card chosen is the network card you use.
- Highlight the item "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/Ipv4)" and click the "Properties" button.
- Make sure the "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" options are selected.
- Click on the "OK" button to save the settings.
- Click on the "Close" button to make the changes effective.