Organized by the College of Science at CityU, the Science Summer Camp aims to bring together those who plan to embark on PhD studies in science and related disciplines. Students in our PhD programmes will normally receive full studentship throughout the 4-year candidature.
Why Study Physics at CityU?
- CityU is a young, fast-growing, research university. According to THE and QS rankings, CityU ranks 15 in Asia and 52 in the world, it is the most international university in the world, and it also ranks 4 in universities under 50-year-old and 90 in graduate employability.
- The Department of Physics was founded in 2017, building on the outstanding tradition of the former Department of Physics and Materials Science.
- The last Research Assessment Exercise conducted by the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong ranked CityU’s physics second in Hong Kong.
- Our internationally recognized faculty are elected as APS Fellow, AAAS Fellow, MRS Fellow, Highly Cited Researchers, etc.
- Our research is published and highlighted in high-profile journals including Nature, Science, Nature Physics, Physical Review Letters, etc.
14-15 July 2020 (Two-half day sessions)
Highlights of activities:
Research seminars, introduction of research degree programmes at CityU, information sessions on HKPhD Fellowship Scheme, meeting with supervisors, etc.
Who can apply?
Local and non-local students who:
- are currently undertaking (in his/her final year of study) or hold a higher degree by research/ Master’s degree/ Bachelor’s degree in physics and related disciplines;
- achieved top ranking in class;
- have fulfilled CityU’s English Proficiency Requirement/ demonstrated a comparable level of English Proficiency; and
- intend to apply for admission to CityU’s PhD programmes in the following year.
How to apply?
Application deadline (extended): 26 June 2020
The activity is free of charge.
Tel: (852) 3442 7831
1 June 2020