Organized by the College of Science, CityU, the Science Summer Camp is an annual event to bring together those who plan to embark on PhD studies in science and related disciplines. The 5-day programme offers opportunities to prospective applicants of our PhD programmes from all across the world to meet with our talented faculty members, visit our state-of-art laboratory facilities, and to explore an array of research areas and topics that our students can choose to pursue.
Highlights of activities: Campus tour, laboratory visits, research seminars, excursion programme, introduction of research degree programmes at CityU, meeting with supervisors, etc.
What we offer to our campers?
- Meal vouchers of up to HK$100 per day (for all participants)
- 5-night on-campus accommodation (for non-local participants only)
- Travel subsidy of up to HK$3,000 upon successful completion of the 5-day programme (for non-local participants only)
Who can apply?
Local and non-local students who:
- are currently undertaking (in his/her final year of study) or hold a higher degree by research/ Master’s degree/ Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, mathematics, physics and related disciplines;
- attained a GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or 87.5%)*;
- have fulfilled CityU’s English Proficiency Requirement; and
- intend to apply for admission to CityU’s PhD programmes in the following year.
*special consideration will be given to candidates from countries adopting different scoring scale/systems, e.g. U.K.
**The event date and application method will be available in Nov 2019. **