Dean, Department of Business Administration,
School of Management of Guangdong University of Technology
He was graduated with Degree in Economics from Beijing Normal University in June, 1990. Then, graduated with Master in Business Management from Lanzhou University in Dec, 2000. And PhD in Management Science and Engineering at University of Science and Technology of China in June, 2005. He now works as a Professor, School of Management, Guangdong University of Technology. His Scopes are innovation and entrepreneurship education, business model, marketing, teaching and research in enterprise strategy and transformation upgrade and so on. Recently, held 3 provincial social and technology projects, participated in 6 projects, e.g. National Natural Science Foundation of China, National Bureau of Statistics of the People’s Republic of China, Guangdong and Zuhai social and technology plan. He also participates in several entrepreneurship management consulting research at the same time.
Speech Topic: Teaching Methods and Experience of Business Model
1. University students are familiar with some enterprises such as McDonald or lemon stall, fried chicken stall. To motivate students’ interest, these small businesses are as the examples of business model, income model and so on.
2. There are several understandings of business model, he will use the Alexander Osterwalder‘s the Nine-Factor Approach to present.
3. The idea of IDEO design will mix with business model design, design idea can lead the teaching, especially the value stand for the key part of business model design.
4. Visual teaching, use the business model canvas, value stand for design canvas, memo, watercolor pen and etc. to train students use “hand to think”.
5. Game-learning, can boost learning motivation, such as the rank of numbers of creativity, the rank of quality of best creativity, the best business model comparison and exhibition.