To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and have:
- a degree in a construction related discipline which would normally be Architecture, Building, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, or Building Services/Civil/Structural Engineering, or
- obtained an equivalent qualification or provided evidence of academic and professional attainments acceptable for this purpose to the University.
Preference will normally be given to applicants who have the support of their employers in pursuing the programme and three years' post graduation work experience in the construction industry, preferably with managerial responsibility.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a TOEFL score of 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)@#; or
- an overall band score of 6.5 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)@; or
- a score of 450 in the College English Test (CET-6) of China mainland; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
@TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the two years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.
# Applicants are required to arrange for the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send their TOEFL results directly to the University. The TOEFL institution code for CityU is 3401.
In view of the recent development of COVID-19, ‘TOEFL iBT Home Edition’ and ‘IELTS Indicator’, as indicated below, are accepted as equivalent qualifications for the fulfillment of the University’s minimum English proficiency requirement for admission to TPg programmes with immediate effect for 2022/23 cohort:
• TOEFL iBT Home Edition: a score of 79; or
• IELTS Indicator: an overall band score of 6.5