Vision & Mission
To be Internationally Recognized as A Leading Research Center in Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology.
- To nurture and reinforce collaborative research in the area of nanomaterials, diamond and nanocoatings, and advanced thin films with the aim to become an internationally recognized research center.
- To assist Hong Kong industries in making use of the technologies based on nanomaterials, diamond, and advanced thin films.
- To enhance the image and reputation of CityU as a university which cultivates high-quality applied research and development for wide industrial applications.
- To promote and support collaborative research with institutions in the Mainland in the area of nanomaterials and nanotechnology.
- To become an eminent research center with solid strength for attracting external funding.
The main focuses of COSDAF are to co-ordinate and enhance applied research undertaken by staff members in various departments pertaining to:
- Synthesis of nano-scale materials and exploration of their novel properties and applications
- Fabrication and characterization of nanoscale electronic, optoelectronic, photovoltaic, and sensor devices
- Organic electroluminescent materials and displays
- Biomedical applications of nano-scale materials
- Single crystalline and nanocrystalline diamond and cubic boron nitride films
- Superhard thin films for advanced coatings and tribology
- Surface and interface materials science
- Computational materials physics on the above topics