About the Programme
The College has specially arranged a summer internship programme for exchange students. They will conduct a research project under the supervision of a faculty member at CityU. Apart from gaining research experience, they will have the opportunity to participate in outside classroom activities. For example, industrial visits and cultural events will be organized to give them a brief introduction of the industrial establishment in Hong Kong as well as a taste of the Chinese culture.
Dates: 7 Jun - 6 Aug 2021
|Key Dates||Summer Semester|
|Application deadline||15 Feb 2021|
|Earliest arrival date||to be confirmed|
|Duration||7 Jun - 6 Aug 2021|
Possible internship research areas:
chemistry; biology; environmental science; cancer biology; regenerative medicine; neuroscience; nanomedicine; multimedia computing; distributed mobile computing and wireless networking; applied algorithms; data science and knowledge management; systems, software engineering and internet applications, evolutionary computation; applied analysis; computational mathematics; mathematical modelling; probability and statistics; theory and computational physics; spectroscopy and imaging; atomic, molecular, optics, low dimensional systems; soft matter and biophysics; radiation physics
civil, structural and geotechnical engineering; architecture and architectural engineering; applied electromagnetics; optoelectronics, electronics, nanotechnology and biosystems; wireless communications; networking; computer engineering and control systems; device physics; materials science; mechanical engineering/ product design/ manufacturing/ quality engineering; robotics/ mechatronics/ automation; bio/ biomedical engineering; nuclear and risk engineering; systems engineering; engineering management
- be a full-time student at one of our partner universities for no less than one academic year.
- meet the minimum academic "good standing" requirement at their home university.
- meet one of the following English requirements if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university:
- TOEFL 79 (internet-based test) or above; OR
- IELTS 6.5 or above; OR
- Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or above.
- be nominated by their university’s international office or unit concerned.
Applicants must submit their applications together with all the required documents in ORIGINAL copy via their home university by 15 February.
- Admission form
- 5 project choices with priority
- Academic transcript
- Student residence application form (to be confirmed)
- Application form for visa (ID995A)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
- Request for visa sponsorship & student agreement
- Declaration by financial sponsor (sample)
- Photocopies of financial documents under the name of applicant, e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, scholarship award notification, tax receipts and salary slips. If the applicant is sponsored by another party, he or she is required to provide the sponsor's financial statements. Please do not send original documents
- A photocopy of the travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue and date of expiry
- Estimated living expenses