Career and Leadership Centre offers
ONE-ON-ONE CAREER CONSULTATION SERVICES
to students by appointment. Students are welcome to discuss issues relating to their career and further studies with our professional Career Advisors who have solid working experience across various business fields and the public sector. You may seek their advice regarding:
See profiles of :
Who are eligible?
· Current CityU undergraduate and research postgraduate students (EXCEPT College of Business students*)
· CityU alumni, including College of Business students, who have graduated for not more than 6 months.
* College of Business students may seek career advice from Business Career Development Team of CB: .
How to make appointments?
Please make your appointment BY PHONE at 3442 5591 on Monday to Friday, except public holidays, during office hours (09:00 - 17:30).
The appointment schedule is updated every Tuesday:
Please understand that we have put in extra care and efforts in offering one-on-one consultation sessions. Once you have made an appointment, our Career Advisors will come to CityU to meet with you—please check your calendar to confirm that you are available before you book a session.
Preparation for the Consultation
Please prepare your resume and/or cover letter (in hard copy) and bring them to the career consultation to maximise your learning. If you will have a job interview, please bring along the job requirements.
Venue of consultation
Unless otherwise specified, consultation sessions will be conducted at:
Fan Lee Foon Student Career Centre,
R4009, 4/F, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Complex
Students who wish to meet CLC advisors via video calls please provide Skype ID and registered email for our Career Advisors to reach you.
Please send your resume and/or cover letter to the advisor via Skype during the consultation.
CityU students who are out of Hong Kong for formal academic exchange please send your request to CLC.CareerCentre@cityu.edu.hk, specifying your full name, SID and current local contact number. CLC will contact you for further arrangement.
· While we encourage your participation, we do not encourage dependency. Students may take maximum 10 consultation sessions in one academic year. Students who wish to have extra consultation sessions must seek special approval from Career and Leadership Centre.
· Fresh graduates (including College of Business students) may use our career consultation services within 6 months after their graduation and have a maximum of 6 consultation sessions.
Cancellation / No Show Policy
You should be a responsible person and release the resources to others in need. In case you wish to cancel / postpone an appointment, please contact us at 3442 5591 before 12:00 noon of the PREVIOUS WORKING DAY prior to your consultation session.