Alumni Card - Terms and Conditions (Last updated on 12 October 2018)
The Alumni Card (“Card”) is issued by the Alumni Relations Office (“ARO”) of
the City University of Hong Kong (“University”). Approval of Card application is
subject to the absolute discretion of ARO. By applying for the Card and/or using
the Card, applicant(s)/holder(s) of the Card (“Cardholder(s)”) are deemed to
have accepted the terms and conditions (“Terms”) listed below:-
- The Card is personal to the Cardholder and is not transferable.
Replacement of the Card is subject to a charge to be determined by ARO.
- The Card may give Cardholders access to certain benefits (“Benefits”)
offered or made available by ARO, other University units or external goods
and services providers (collectively, “Benefits Providers”). Eligibility of
Cardholders to the Benefits is governed by the respective terms and
conditions and may be varied or withdrawn by ARO or Benefits Providers from
time to time without notification. The decision of ARO or Benefits Providers
- To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, the Cardholder
acknowledges and agrees that the University shall have no liability to the
Cardholder for any use of the Card, receipt of the Benefits, and any
inaccuracy, changes (including to the terms or availability) or withdrawal
of the Benefits.
- The University reserves the right to suspend or withdraw a Card or the
Cardholder’s right to receive the Benefits at any time for any reason as it
deems necessary or appropriate, including but not limited to:
- breach of the Terms or the terms and conditions of any Benefits by
- use of the Card or Benefits for any unlawful, threatening, abusive,
defamatory, invasive, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise
objectionable purpose or to distribute or make available such content;
- in relation to the Cardholders’ receipt of the Benefits or use of
the Card, any act, omission or conduct that the University, in its
absolute discretion, considers that it does, will or may be undesirable
to the University community, and/or detrimental to the University’s
reputation, business, goodwill or rights.
- The University reserves the right to alter, add to, delete, and/or
modify the Terms at any time it considers necessary. The amended Terms shall
become effective upon posting of the same on ARO website at
https://www.cityu.edu.hk/aro/alumnicard/. Cardholders are responsible for
regularly reviewing the Terms and any relevant applicable policies.
Continued use of the Card after such posting amounts to your acceptance of
the same and Cardholder are deemed to have notice of such posting.
Cardholders should check the above website on a regular basis for the latest
applicable version of the Terms.
- ARO reserves the right to interpret these Terms and decide on any
questions or disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms. Cardholders
agree that all such interpretations and decisions shall be final, conclusive
and binding on you as the Cardholders.