CityU Alumni Card
Terms and Conditions
The Alumni Card (“Card”) is issued by the Alumni Relations Office (“ARO”) of the City University of Hong Kong (“University”). Approval of Card application is subject to the absolute discretion of ARO.
ARO may reject an application if the applicant has prior record(s) of, including but not limited to, breaching the University’s Rules, Codes and/or Regulations, damaging the University’s reputation, and/or vandalism to any of the University property.
By applying for the Card and/or using the Card, applicant(s)/holder(s) of the Card (“Cardholder(s)”) are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions (“Terms”) listed below:
- The Card serves as a personal identification of the Cardholder and is not transferable. Lost or stolen Card must be reported to ARO immediately. Replacement of the Card is subject to a charge to be determined by ARO.
- Damaged or altered Card is considered invalid. The Cardholder of such card is required to re-apply the Card.
- The Cardholder shall notify ARO of any subsequent changes in his/her personal data.
- The Cardholder must abide to the University and its facilities’ Policies, Rules, Codes and Regulations, which may be updated as deemed necessary.
- The Card must be presented for identification purposes at the request of an authorised person of the University. Cardholder failing to present valid Card upon request may be declined access to the campus.
- Cardholders may be required to pay for the application, renewal and/or other fee for services provided by the University. The University reserves the right to revise the fees as deemed necessary. All paid fee(s) are non-refundable.
- Cardholders may access to certain benefits (“Benefits”) offered or made available by ARO, other University units or external goods and services providers (collectively, “Benefits Providers”). Eligibility of Cardholders to the Benefits is governed by the respective terms and conditions as governed by ARO or Benefits Providers from time to time without notification. The decision of ARO or Benefits Providers shall be final.
- To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, the Cardholder acknowledges and agrees that the University shall have no liability to the Cardholder for any use of the Card, receipt of the Benefits, and any inaccuracy, changes (including to the terms or availability) or withdrawal of the Benefits.
- The University reserves the right to suspend or withdraw a Card or the Cardholder’s right to receive the Benefits at any time for any reason as it deems necessary, including but not limited to:
- breach of the Terms or the terms and conditions of any Benefits by the Cardholders;
- use of the Card or Benefits for any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable purpose or to distribute or make available such content;
- in relation to the Cardholders’ receipt of the Benefits or use of the Card, any act, omission or conduct that the University, in its absolute discretion, considers that it does, will or may be undesirable to the University community, and/or detrimental to the University’s reputation, business, goodwill or rights.
- The University reserves the right to alter, add to, delete, and/or modify the Terms at any time it considers necessary. The amended Terms shall become effective upon posting of the same on ARO website at https://www.cityu.edu.hk/aro/alumnicard/. Cardholders are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms and any relevant applicable policies. Continued use of the Card after such posting amounts to your acceptance of the same and Cardholder are deemed to have notice of such posting. Cardholders should check the above website on a regular basis for the updated Terms.
- ARO reserves the right to interpret these Terms and decide on any questions or disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms. Cardholders agree that all such interpretations and decisions shall be final, conclusive and binding on you as the Cardholders.
Last Update: 1 Oct 2020