Alumni Mentoring Programmes
Caring by Serving! Many supportive alumni have supported the mentoring programmes of the University as mentors. They provide students with career advice, job hunting skills and professional knowledge. The following mentoring programmes are coordinated by academic departments at CityU. Interested alumni may contact respective departments for further details.
Accounting Scholars Programme by Department of Accountancy
- It is designed for high achieving accounting students who strive for academic excellence and whole person development. Admitted students to the Programme will receive training on various skills and knowledge areas. All student members would also be assigned to an internal (faculty member) mentor and a professional mentor.
- Enquiries: Mr David Yip, (852) 3442 8548, email@example.com
Career Mentoring Programme by Department of Management
- The Career Mentoring Programme is fortunate to have business practitioners who are also our enthusiastic alumni to serve as Career Mentors for a group of predominantly final year undergraduate students. Each Career Mentor will takes care of three students by sharing their insights on job search, career planning, and professional development. The Career Mentors and the students typically interact via dinners, company site-visit, and social media. More information can be found HERE.
- Enquiries: Dr Andy Kwan, (852) 3442 9690, Andy.Kwan@cityu.edu.hk
Graduate Mentoring Programme by Psychology Programme of Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Graduates of the psychology programme are invited to serve as mentors for undergraduate students of the Department to share experience in job hunting and career development.
- Enquiries: Dr Nancy Yu, (852) 3442 9436, firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Mentoring Scheme by Department of Management Sciences (MS)
- The purpose of the Scheme is to provide valuable support and development for MS undergraduate students by linking them to mentors who provide guidance and advice on their future career development.
- Enquiries: (852) 3442 8644, email@example.com
IS Alumni Mentorship Programme (ISAMP) by Department of Information Systems (IS)
- It aims to build up a channel for IS alumni to share their experience and advice with current students. In each academic year, IS alumni mentor groups will be formed and student mentees will be assigned to each group.
- Enquiries: Mrs Fung Hong Chia Min, (852) 3442 9689, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Work Graduate Mentors Scheme by Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- The Scheme offers various practical workshops and forums in resume writing, interview preparation, mock job interview, etc. for graduating students to get prepared for entering the profession. Social work alumni are invited to share their life experience and work with the graduating students through different channels.
- Enquiries: Ms Jodie Ng, (852) 3442 9795, email@example.com
Non-local mentoring support
Enthusiastic alumni residing in Mainland China and overseas serving as Alumni Ambassadors (AAs) are committed to providing mentoring support for CityU students. Please click here for their contacts.