This program aims to provide students with the required knowledge, skills, exposure, and insights for (1) analyzing human behaviors from a psychological perspective, (2) developing research expertise in applying psychology to relevant settings, and (3) pursuing advanced professional training and a career in psychology and closely related areas. The program is an advanced and intensive conversion degree scheme that combines the award of a Master degree with eligibility for graduate membership with the Hong Kong Psychological Society and the British Psychological Society.
Upon successful completion of this Program, students should be able to:
- critically evaluate major principles/theories in core areas of psychology;
- apply major psychological theories/principles to analyze analyze human behaviors in real life situations;
- critically evaluate research evidence published in psychological journals;
- design and carry out psychological research independently; and
- appreciate the close connection between psychology and everyday experiences.
- Designed primarily to provide degree-holders having no undergraduate training in psychology to pursue further study and a career in psychology.
- Focus on the cultivation of a distinctive blend of knowledge and skills relevant to advanced training and different careers in psychology.
- Multiple concentrations catering for different interests and career aspirations.
- Classes meet primarily on weekday evenings.
- Credit Transfer could be granted for equivalent level of study.