This special issue of ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications provides an opportunity to bring together multimedia computing, big data analytics and systems, machine and deep learning, artificial intelligence, computer graphics researchers along with visual artists, designers and practitioners with diverse backgrounds to contribute papers on theoretical, methodological and practical issues on art and design creation and evaluation related big data, machine learning and AI. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Multimedia technologies for art of design;
- Multimedia computing for artistic and aesthetic evaluations;
- Big data analytics and systems for art or design;
- Big data of art or design datasets and mining methods for creativity detections;
- Machine or deep learning techniques for recognizing and understanding art or design;
- Artificial intelligence for art or design creation;
- AI-assisted or human-AI co-creation technologies for arts and design;
- Evolutionary or Generative art and design;
- Generating or integrating art or design through big data, machine learning and AI;
- Example art or design works, applications and services using big data, machine learning and AI technologies.
Selected papers of ISCMA will be invited for publication in the ACM TOMM Special Issue on Big Data, Machine Learning and AI Technologies for Art and Design.
For more information on this special issue, please visit https://tomm.acm.org/ACMTOMM_SI_BDMLAI_ArtDesignExtendedJUL15.pdf