IT Manager/Assistant IT Manager in the Computing Services Centre [Ref. D/207/09]
The Computing Services Centre (CSC) is responsible for the provision, management, and support of the University IT infrastructure and provides end user IT support with about 100 staff and contractors. The CSC is looking for a cloud specialist to manage different cloud infrastructures, and to promote and leverage cloud hosting and API services. Main duties include the following areas:
Hybrid Cloud and Multi-cloud Environment Implementation
- Implement and optimize cloud infrastructure including initial and ongoing configuration of related automation, notifications and reporting capabilities; and
- Implement and maintain cloud security controls in private cloud environment, and cloud infrastructure for appropriate disaster recovery, high availability, fail over, and/or redundancy for cloud deployed applications.
- Identify and troubleshoot cloud service events and issues, work with cloud service providers to solve issues effectively or implement workarounds as needed;
- Plan and lead an engagement with application teams to adopt cloud solutions;
- Understand software engineering practices and the impact they have on efficient and effective use of DevOps and cloud solutions;
- Clearly articulate and explain complex concepts and technologies to a non-technical audience; and
- Adapt to rapidly evolving environment and frequent transitions of technologies and teams.
Cloud Application Deployment
- Work with different teams to migrate Legacy/On-Premise applications to cloud environments, and to choose appropriate technology solutions, and facilitate complete integration into hybrid cloud environments; and
- Develop and refine standards in partnership with information security unit.
- A good honours degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, with at least 10 years’ relevant post-qualification experience preferably in highly virtualized shared infrastructure, platforms or application architecture at a large enterprise or service provider;
- 2 years of experience with software development methodologies (e.g. REST, Ruby, Python, Java or C++, scripting languages and automation tools such as Ansible); experience in using Infrastructure as Code tools and familiarity with the DevOps environment would be an advantage;
- Experience in Kubernetes environment setup and application deployment;
- Being self-motivated and reliable with good problem solving skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua), as well as good analytical and interpersonal skills;
- A good team player with ability to work independently are required.
- Professional certification in VMware/AWS/Microsoft Azure/Docker is preferred.
Candidates with less experience may be considered for appointment as Assistant IT Manager.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract; fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes.
Information and Application
Further information on the posts and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong [Email : email@example.com/Fax : 2788 1154 or 3442 0311].
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking 52nd, and 4th among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2020); 1st in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (ARWU survey 2016); and 2nd Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2017).