Exclusions for Outpatient Treatment
Costs arising from treatment, application, or follow-up on any of the following items are not covered.
- Medical appliances and medication other than that prescribed for necessary medical treatment.
- Hearing aids, prostheses, pacemakers, other expensive medical appliances/equipment.
- Treatment of a cosmetic nature.
- Routine physical examinations, health check-ups or tests not incidental to treatment or diagnosis of a sickness or injury or any treatment which is not medically necessary.
- Inoculations and immunisation injections, preventive inoculations, vaccination and immunisation.
- Eye glasses and refractions or hearing aids and prescription therefor except as necessitated by injuries.
- Psychiatric treatment, functional disorders of the mind and injuries due to insanity or self-infliction.
- Psychological therapy and counselling.
- Pregnancy tests, tests for infertility, or fitting/provision of contraceptive devices and complications arising thereof. Treatment directly or indirectly arising from infertility including in-vitro fertilisation or any other artificial method of inducing pregnancy. Female hormonal tests or assays and female hormonal replacement therapy.
- Pregnancy, birth control, sterilisation, abortion or any complications arising thereof.
- Suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally injury whether sane or insane.
- Congenital and chronic illness.
- Medication for any specific anti-viral agents and other expensive new medication and extraordinarily expensive medication.
- Treatment directly or indirectly arising from the abuse of drugs or alcohol.
- Dental care and treatment, except as necessitated by accidental injuries to sound natural teeth.
- Medication supplied on request by the patient but which is not an essential requirement for the treatment of a particular illness.
- Costs incurred as the result of treatment by any person other than a registered medical practitioner.
- Treatment directly or indirectly arising from or consequent upon war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power or terrorist acts, or racing on horses or wheels.