Alumni Mentoring Programmes
Caring by Serving! Many supportive alumni have supported the mentoring programmes of the University as mentors. They provide students with career advice, job hunting skills and professional knowledge. The following mentoring programmes are coordinated by academic departments at CityU. Interested alumni may contact respective departments for further details.
Accounting Scholars Programme by Department of Accountancy
- It is designed for high achieving accounting students who strive for academic excellence and whole person development. Admitted students to the Programme will receive training on various skills and knowledge areas. All student members would also be assigned to an internal (faculty member) mentor and a professional mentor.
- Enquiries: Mr David Yip, (852) 3442 8548, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Mentoring Programme by Department of Management
- It aims to help students explore their occupational options by connecting them with committed professionals through informational interviews.
- Enquiries: Dr Andy Kwan, (852) 3442 9690, Andy.Kwan@cityu.edu.hk
CSE Mentorship Programme by the College of Science and Engineering
- The programme is a joint effort between the College of Business (CB) and the College of Science and Engineering (CSE). Alumni of CB and external industrialists, who are senior executives in their fields as well as experienced mentors, are invited to serve as mentors of CSE students. The programme aims to enhance the development of students through multi-disciplinary learning.
- Enquiries: (852) 3442 4133, email@example.com
Graduate Mentoring Programme by Psychology Programme of Department of Applied Social Sciences
- Graduates of the psychology programme are invited to serve as mentors for undergraduate students of the Department to share experience in job hunting and career development.
- Enquiries: Dr Ben Li, (852) 3442 8261, firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Mentoring Scheme by Department of Management Sciences (MS)
- The purpose of the Scheme is to provide valuable support and development for MS undergraduate students by linking them to mentors who provide guidance and advice on their future career development.
- Enquiries: (852) 3442 8644, email@example.com
IS Alumni Mentorship Programme (ISAMP) by Department of Information Systems (IS)
- It aims to build up a channel for IS alumni to share their experience and advice with current students. In each academic year, IS alumni mentor groups will be formed and student mentees will be assigned to each group.
- Enquiries: Mr Frank Lo, (852) 3442 8670, firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Work Graduate Mentors Scheme by Department of Applied Social Sciences
- The Scheme offers various practical workshops and forums in resume writing, interview preparation, mock job interview, etc. for graduating students to get prepared for entering the profession. Social work alumni are invited to share their life experience and work with the graduating students through different channels.
- Enquiries: Ms Jodie Ng, (852) 3442 9795, email@example.com
Non-local mentoring support
Enthusiastic alumni residing in the Mainland and overseas serving as Alumni Ambassadors (AAs) are committed to providing mentoring support for CityU students. Please click here for their contacts.